Thank You Notes To God Curriculum
This series entitled “Thank You Notes to God” is a 4-week study where kids will be reminded to stop and thank God for all the things He has done for them. There is an additional 2 weeks of optional Christmas content. You can choose to use the two options as stand alone series or together at the end of the year to go along with the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each week focuses on a different topic we could write a thank you note to God for. The weekly curriculum content for this series includes a theme verse, two game options, a takeaway statement, a message/object lesson, a character skit, small group discussion questions, review questions, and a family take-home card. A bumper video and graphic slides for the theme, games, takeaways, and review questions are provided as well.
Thank You Notes To God Overview:
- Bible Story - Ruth and Naomi (Ruth 1)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for my family and friends.
- Weekly Verse - "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
- Bible Story - The Good Shepherd (John 10:11-16)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for your protection and provision.
- Weekly Verse - "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
- Bible Story - The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for your love and forgiveness.
- Weekly Verse - "Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:32)
- Bible Story - Heaven, our forever home (Revelation 21:3-27)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for my forever home.
- Weekly Verse - "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." (Revelation 21:4)
- Bible Story - God's greatest promise (Matthew 1:18-24; Luke 1:26-38)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for Your promises.
- Weekly Verse - "God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?" (Numbers 23:19)
- Bible Story - God sends His Son (Luke 2:1-20)
- Today's Takeaway - Thank you, God, for sending Your Son.
- Weekly Verse - "God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:17)
Thank You Notes Pinterest Board - Check out my Thank You Notes to God Series Pinterest board for more great ideas for snacks, crafts, and games to go along with the series.
Thank You Notes Set Design - Head over to my set design page to find ideas for decorating your environment for the theme.
Thank You Notes Verse Songs - We love using Jumpstart3 music to teach our kids the theme verses for our series. We used 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to go along with weeks 1-4 of the series, and switched to Isaiah 9:6 for weeks 5-6. You will have to purchase these songs to use in your ministry, but it is worth it. Jumpstart3 offers options for hand motions and lyric videos for all their songs as well.
The download below includes everything you need to get started with the Thank You Notes to God Series in your kid's ministry.
Stay tuned for a six-week Emoji Series coming soon. In the Emoji Series, kids will learn about a different emotion each week. Kids will learn how Jesus handled His emotions and what He taught about emotions while He was on earth.